Saturday, April 12, 2014

Just...wow.

This place is everything that Pinterest led me to believe it would be.  Staying at a classy resort sure does help too - and the water and the sky are just beautiful here.  We got the all inclusive package and I did my best the last few days to eat and drink everything in site.  Everything.  Here are some highlights and then a ton of pictures of how awesome this place is:
  • Our first night was our anniversary and it was Mexican food night at the buffet!  How perfect for us!
  • There are cute surprises all over the island like hidden drinks and snacks and things - some pics of those are below.
  • Our turn-down service did lots of cute towel formations on our bed each night - including a nice happy anniversary.  Everyone here is paid to be super nice and they are doing a great job of it.
  • We got to watch sharks being fed (little black tip reef ones) and I got a good video of it - so we'll post that whenever we finally post all our videos.
  • THEY HAVE A PHOTO BOOTH. YUS.
    • Day: https://www.flickr.com/photos/83273966@N05/13754756313/
    • 'N Night: https://www.flickr.com/photos/83273966@N05/13760639953/
  • I got to have high tea - including a tiered tray of little sandwiches and snacks - I love that.
  • Our sea plane to and from the resort was piloted by a dude not wearing shoes - hilarious.
  • The water is so pretty that even I wanted to swim in it!  We snorkeled one day and once I got over my fear of fish touching me, I really enjoyed it.
  • Crabs are disgusting  and terrifying, in my opinion (Jefferson thinks they are cute). The way they walk makes me shudder.
  • There is a phenomenon where Chinese couples wear matching outfits and we have seen that in abundance here - and I'm convinced we need to get a matching outfit now.
  • Infinity pools are really cool.
  • Just everything!  Our overwater bungalow was everything I hoped it would be - I just loved it!
Sea plane ride!
View of coral reefs from sea plane.
Day one - carlsberg label champagne on our porch.
Sea plane to and from resort.
Our first night sunset on ze beach!
View from our bungalow (facing in towards the island).
Karen at high tea.
Yes I am.
We just worked out - can't you tell?
Man...grove.
The view from our overwater bungalow porch. LOVES.
Liberachi on the beach at dinner.
All four of them.
Official footwear of Trans Maldivian Airlines.
Jefferson on a rope swing!

No comments:

Post a Comment