Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A Call to Arms!

Caution! Men with purses!
We are just over two months into our trip and that means it's just over two months since I had me some Chipoodles. I implore you - go forth to your nearest Chipoodles location and take a picture of yourself enjoying it's glorious fare, then send me said picture (via email or google voice number).  NOM NOM NOM.

Ok, so back to the regular scheduled update: We're still in India (land of constant upper lip sweat) and have been to the touristy beach towns of Varkala (we liked it so much we stayed for six days) and Kovalam.  Jefferson was in Kovalam 20 years ago and was interested to see how much it has changed - and boy has it.  Things like side-walks are now to be had - very interesting and very touristy - but no where near as nice and quaint as Varkala was - so just two nights here will suffice.  The locals are nice but a bit pushy about selling their wares - except the nice man offering me hashish, marijuana or opium - he couldn't have been more pleasant even though he got my same "Oh no thank you!" response.

Pretty Varkala!
In Varkala we saw two doppelgänger - I swear it!  First, was at our favorite happy hour bar (where they play the same set of good music every night) - and the Indian man working there was a dead ringer for Keenan Ivory Wayans (I think the oldest of the Wayans brothers).  You may remember him from the film, "Low Down Dirty Shame".  Or you  may not.  Anyway - they were twinsies for sure.  Next up was Thor's nearly-as-attractive doppelgänger - who sat next to us two days in a row at our usual café.  I tried to take a sly picture of him behind Jefferson (see below) but it didn't come out that great. 
Thor's doppelgänger! (behind Jefferson)
Our last night it rained like crazy and the power went out (as it did quite often) over dinner - which was really fun since there were candles and we were under cover.  My only true complaint so far is that we're getting a bit too much sun.  I normally have a complexion a goth would kill for, but we can't help but get some sun in this hot, hot heat.  it's like a farmers tan but not tan, exactly. Super attractive.  Hopefully I'll get back to my powdery pale self once we're home.

Next we are off to Mumbai (formerly Bombay - where Slumdog Millionaire took place).  We shall report back soon!

How to use a bathroom in India. Very helpful.
Those French know how to breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment