Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ziplines, Domo & Tigerduck


I lost my helmet while ziplining. Of course I did, right? Therefore I needed to wear the chin-strap, which is optional. But after my little guide had to go find my helmet in the forest (see pics on photobucket), I decided the chinstrap was for the best. Even if I look silly as all get out. Poor guide - and when I say little I mean in stature. The paths were definitely built for people of a shorter variety than me and Jeff.

Anyway, this morning Jeff and I visited the Nature Reserve here at Lake Atitlan and I was super excited to Zipline through it since I have never done that before. Why not wait until we're in a country that totally ignores all safety features, eh? So I was all excited until I realized that in order to zipline down you have to first climb up. Ugh. It worked out, though - was tons of fun and we got fun pictures out of it. Then we walked around and saw monkeys (just 2 - boring) and a butterfly area. Very pretty.

Also, I should explain the picture of Domo and Tigerduck. Tigerduck is Jeff's little friend - the love child of a tiger and a duck (see photos) and he is from a German children's book (copy this link: http://www.google.com.gt/search?hl=es&q=tigerente&btnG=Buscar+con+Google&lr=). Jeff carried him around the world on his last trip so this time I thought I should have a funny thing of my own to bring along. My sister, the creative one, made me a little Domo (aka Domo-kun - copy this link: http://images.google.com.gt/images?hl=es&q=domo-kun&lr=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi).

He's just the cutest thing to come out of Japan! I love him, although I have no idea why. So we take pictures of Domo and Tigerduck along our trip as a joke and although I feel pretty silly getting them out sometimes, it's hysterical!

More photos up today. Hope everyone likes them and don't forget that I put some (like the 6:09 pm shots) in folders on Photobucket - so look to the left for those folders.

No comments:

Post a Comment