Friday, January 23, 2009

I stepped in Mangy Dog poo.


Wah. For a few hours yesterday I wondered exactly why I smelled so bad - but I finally figured it out. A bunch of it, too. Disgusting - but gone now. I'm documenting the mangy dogs as I go so feel free to check our Photobucket site for more (fabulous) mangy dog pics.

We are in Lake Atitlan and I love it. No pressure from school, tons of shopping, yummy food and tons to see. I think if it's not the most beautiful lake in the world I'm sure it makes the top 20. Super cute town too (Panajachal).

However, we took a boat ride today to another town that was NOT cute (Santa Cruz). Far from cute - it was in fact boring and stupid. I walked an hour at a 45 degree incline that I did not care for one bit. Not one bit. To what end? What did we find at the top? NOTHING. Well, some chickens and kids. Some ten year old called me "sexy". Inappropriate - and totally untrue at the time since I was miserable and sweaty and tired (see our picture here...)

We're becoming regulars and this yummy dive kind of restaurant down the street from us. Not sure of the name, but they have Happy Hour from 10 am to 11 pm and it's usually pretty empty in there. We like it a lot.

Pau - Mangy Dog pics are up. Woohoo!
Nario and Hucker - More plant life for you.
Lambert - Check out Pana Rock! Total rip off of Hard Rock - tell them! (also tell Coke to get down here, there's way too much pepsi.)
Adub - they played Ace of Base today at our restaurant! Now you know why we're regulars!

Who is the person following my friendly update named "What are you thinking..."?

All - hope you're doing well. Toodles.

1 comment:

  1. Can you explain the Domo and Tigerduck pictures in one of your updates? Who are they? Where did they come from?

    Sounds like you guys are having a blast!

    ReplyDelete