Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Exotic Pigeon


Jeff and I were able to visit the Zoo of Xela on Sunday and see all it's exotic wild life. The Zoo had a few awesome features, in my opinion. One, is that they had caged - and not caged since they are everywhere in the WORLD - pigeons. Fascinating. Two, the cages for each and every animal wouldn't stop a 3 year old (or anyone who can walk or crawl) from going directly up to each cage and sticking your fingers in. That's especially fun and exciting with the Jaguar and Coyote cages - and all of the predatory birds (see pics on photobucket: http://s423.photobucket.com/albums/pp320/dscheffy/ and don't forget to click on the pictures for mini descriptions of each). Hysterical - and totally dangerous.

Other than the Zoo we've been pretty mellow. We saw a movie (in English but with Spanish subtitles), spoke some espanol, ate lots of western food, and shopped at the local mall for a new camera. Yes, people, that's right - I lost yet another thing. And I wonder why I everyone said don't bring my engagement ring. Blah! We lost it in our host family's house and it's gone forever - and I am road rage like angry about it. Blind Rage, if you can imagine that of little ol'me.

We leave tomorrow for Lake Atitlan - self titled most beautiful lake in the world (and I believe it makes it onto the top 100 lists of others). It is supposed to be beautiful so who knows how long we'll stay there - but I'm excited for a change of pace and to get to sleep in. Talk to you from the lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment