Thursday, November 3, 2016

Meine Schwester Stacey

That means, "my sister" in German.

A few weeks ago Jefferson and I traveled to Berlin to visit our friend Rob. We were at the tail end of bad head colds so we didn't go too crazy but we had a great time. The first night in I got there earlier than Jefferson so Rob took me to an indoor street food market that was DELICIOUS. We had some craft beers, some pork belly bao, shared some raclette (cheese) and then had some ice cream to top it off. On our way to this market we passed a restaurant called, "Rocco and his brother" - see below - ha!


It's starting to become a trend for Jefferson and I to visit botanical garden's when we travel and the one in Berlin is supposed to be one of the top in the world! I don't know who decided that but it was pretty. We also went to visit the East Side Gallery which I liked a lot more than I expected. The "gallery" is a long portion of the Berlin Wall still intact and painted on the front side by artists and the back side by anyone who wants to graffiti it I guess. Here are the two pics of art/graffiti on the wall that I liked best.

From my Sup Gurl chronicles
Cute panda!
      











 After that my sister, Stacey, came to visit for a week and a half and we had a fantastic time! Super relaxed and super fun. I did make her walk a LOT but we saw some cool things and I even got her to play Pokemon Go for a hot second (she was thrilled, I tell you). Pokemon was second only to how much she loved me making her do a Snapchat photo each morning - mua ha ha - check these out:
We visited this Ramen restaurant that gives you hair ties and bibs - which are really quite helpful.

Duck Face!
Terrifying Bunnies
     

Poor Stacey now knows my neighborhood very well but that could be because she had to go to the Dentist with me THREE times while she was here. THREE. Imagine me putting one fist in the air and shaking it with an angry expression and yelling, "SMIIIITTTTTA!" That's what I do a lot now - and that is the name of my dentist. I got a temporary crown just before Stacey got to town and it fell out twice while she was here. Very exciting stuff. I'm on a more permanent but still temporary one and I've kept all my teeth in my mouth for one week as of today. WOO!  Gotta have goals.
It was an awesome trip and right after Stacey headed back to the states, I headed to Spain with our friend Steve and Jefferson went to Denmark for work, per usual. More on Spain in a bit...

No comments:

Post a Comment