Friday, September 23, 2016

Oktoberfest in Hagenbrunn!

   
Lederhosen nutella!
Oktoberfest dress!
Strutting their stuff
  

Backyard BBQ!












Last weekend was Oktoberfest and we spent it in Hagenbrunn (just outside of Vienna) with Rene and Frank. I love love love visiting them and it's not just because they home cook the most beautiful and tasty meals, or because you can walk three minutes down the to Schmidt (a traditional Heuriger where you can eat scumptious pork and drink delicious wines), and NOT because they have a pool and an outdoor BBQ area and .... wait, yes. It IS for all those reasons that I love to visit. Indeed.

Delicious piggies.
Jefferson borrowed some lederhosen and I bought a traditional dirndl so we were dressed in style and it was tons of fun.

There was a cover band and for some reason Rene and I decided that since the only American song they usually play is "Country Roads" then we absolutely must request it - for I am from America (nevermind that I am not from West Virginia - NEVER YOU MIND). So we danced our way to the stage and requested it and they made an announcement that I was from Chicago so everyone turned to me and clapped and then they played that song for me. Hilarious.




No comments:

Post a Comment