Sunday, March 30, 2014

We Graduated!


We are now certified and trained in two levels of Thai massage - wahoo!  Here are a few pics of our graduation - and if I look really happy it's because my prize for doing two weeks of school was a baguette and block of nice cheese (and I get to sleep in from here on out).  We both scored 10/10 on our final exam - whoooo wants a massage!?  We also received string bracelets and got traditional Thai wrap shorts - so now we can blend in with all of the other Westerners dressing like Thai folks.  I will miss getting massages nearly every day (both at school and after - it was for homework!), but I'm glad to be done with school.


   









All is well, but I have a few rants to get off my chest:

1. I cannot take hearing Bryan Adams - not one more time. I. Can't. Back during my Kevin Costner phase I could have listened to that one song a few times a day but I am over it.  Same goes for Celine Dion (any song - and I never had a Celine phase), or the Michael Jackson song, "Heal the world" (original OR instrumental).  One more time, Thailand - try it. See what happens.

2. RIP Racket of Justice.  They wouldn't let me take it on the plane.  Their silly fear of batteries exploding on planes (ok, kinda valid) means I had to give it away to some (now-happy) taxi driver.  GRRRRRRRRRRR.  We did good work, that racket and me (and Jefferson who spent each night clearing our front door area of mosquitoes so I could sleep better at night (and also because he just had fun doing it)). 

3. Where hath all the red Gatorade gone?  Thailand won't sell anything but the yellow and blue - and if you're super lucky you can find purple - but it's rare. What's up with that?

I feel much better now, phew!  This rant has been brought to you by Karen Hansen, Professional Photographer and Jefferson Hansen, retired Mosquito Hunter (but once a hunter, always a hunter, amiright?).
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sad! I wanted to see that racket! XOXO, Helen

    ReplyDelete