Friday, February 20, 2009

They were all naked


Well, not all of them, but a lot of them anyway. So, Jeff and I went to the beach yesterday. Very eventful. Most people take a taxi or a collectivo (shared ride) since it´s a few miles to get to the beach - but we didn´t feel like paying and thought the walk would be nice so we found our own way. In order to get to the beach you have to go through one of the hundreds of resorts - so we did. Wrong resort. I guess the private beach we found doubles as a nudey beach - not the pretty kind.


Who cares about naked people since we got to have a corona on the beach! Not in hammocks but in swing chairs - close enough. I´ll get that commercial perfect corona moment soon, I know it!


We´re in Tulum, Mexico - where punch buggies come to die. We´ve been here for a few days relaxing and today we´re on our way to Merida to visit Anna-Banana (my roommate from college). This weekend is Carnival so it should be one heck of a good time.


We´re staying in a nice Cabana with lots of little geckos running around making funny cherping noises. Kinda cute. The huge roach that dropped into the bathroom to keep me company after my shower yesterday was not so cute, but he kept his distance and respected my close personal space so that´s ok.


You may not believe this - but the pastey sticks I call legs got some pigment here in Tulum. And I´m going to try for even more. Can you imagine? Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment