Thursday, August 17, 2017

Birthdays!

A few weeks ago it was Jefferson's birthday and two days ago it was mine - wahoo! We're both Leos - roar.

For Jefferson's birthday the celebration has come in the form of relaxing. Staying at home (no trips), doing yoga, cooking together, etc. It's been a nice way to ease the stress of work and commuting in busy busy London. The only "trip" we did take was going to Kew Gardens - the royal botanical gardens here in London. It was probably the largest botanical garden I've been to and although we were there for a few hours, we probably only saw half of it. It was really pretty - here are some pics, including one of us in front of a very old tree called, "the Ageing American". How fitting.

Ageing American
Succulents!













For my birthday we had a picnic outside of the Tower of London - we ate Chipoodles, of course. Then we went into the Tower around 9:30pm to watch the Ceremony of Keys. This is where they say a few words, play the trumpet and lock the Tower of London up for the night. The Tower is the home of the Crown jewels and also about 100 people live inside of this old fortress - which is pretty cool. Our guide for the Ceremony was a Beefeater (or Yeoman warder) and it was pretty darn cool to watch them do something that has happened every night here for the last 700 years or so.

With our Beefeater guide!
On the boat ride home













The Wild's are really killing it this year with birthday gifts, too. For Jefferson's birthday they got him a sweet shirt from their trip to Cyprus and also a beer making kit. We'll keep you posted on how his brewing goes. For my birthday I am going to receive eight (8) weeks of "cheese posties" - which means that for the next eight Thursdays I'll be delivered a sweet or savory grilled cheese sandwich right to my door. They call those cheese toasties here. I'm very excited and will take lots of pictures.

GlamRock tea!
Sarah Wild also took me to GlamRock afternoon tea yesterday and we had a great time. I wore my most rock'n'roll shirt yesterday which has a cat version of Freddie Mercury and says, "don't stop meow". Get it?  GET IT?


NOM NOM NOM
We tried the Bob Marley blend













What else? Oh, I went to the zoo! It was overpriced so I stayed for over three hours just to be sure it was worth it. I will say it was the most interactive zoo I've ever been to and I saw every single animal that was listed - no one was hiding. Does that mean they are happier? Does that mean their cages are small? I have no idea, but it was neat. They had several areas that you could enter and you were actually WITH the animals. Mostly birds, monkeys and sloths - all the things I don't want to interact with, but I did it and survived. Plus you aren't supposed to touch or feed them so it was ok even though several of them were just feet or inches from you. 

I think that's it for us - hope everyone is doing just dandy wherever you are!
Sup Gurl
ha











 

The exotic celery
Adorable owls






No comments:

Post a Comment